Disclaimer

**** DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty, through the courts.

March 6, 2008

Cases of Elder Abuse in India

Ram Pyaari (Age 75) : She was beaten by her elder son and daughter-in-law who refused to give her food. Her younger son to whom she reportedly gave away all her wealth abandoned her on a bus-stop in Delhi. She was left to die on the street by her 2 sons.
His wife tells me that I am a burden for them since I am not earning. My health does not allow me to work, I want to die instead of living such a humiliating life.
Lakshmi (Age 77) : Her son is in army, but after marriage refused to look after her.
…my son, for whom I devoted my entire life, refused to even feed me when I was there. He scolded me if I did not work and earn.

Chinnammal Palaniappan (Age 75) : This old woman told locals who found her that her own family had driven her in a cattle feed cart and then dumped her on top of a garbage pile. She was left to die, for they had abandoned her.
We heard some moaning from the dump yard and when we went over we were shocked to find an old shrivelled woman lying in filth.

Biswas speaks with a strong voice, but her spirit is broken. When her husband of 50 years died, she was instantly ostracized by all those she thought loved her, including her son.
My son tells me: ‘You have grown old. Now who is going to feed you? Go away,’ ” she says, her eyes filling with tears. “What do I do? My pain had no limit.”

sons and one daughter. The sons were all doing petty businesses. He underwent a knee surgery five months ago and the sons spent Rs.50,000 on the treatment. Later, they neglected him.
Another old man said : “My son has threatened to kill me, if I bequeath any property to my wife”.
False criminal charges are filed to torture the Old This is another way of harassing the elderlies in India. An abuser of law would find it pretty easy to crucify old people at home by taking undue refuge in law in the guise of ’seeking protection’.

- Prakash Mhatre (69) and his wife Sangeeta (63),… are facing eviction—and it is not because of the landlord. The one who is harassing them to leave is their son, Sandeep (44), who wants to sell their house.
- Anjum Patil (68), a widow….approached the police as a last resort, tired of the string of verbal abuses and threats she was facing from her 32-year-old son and his wife. They want her to sign over the property to them
- Anand Joshi (72) complained to the police about his 28-year-old banker son who refused to support him and was threatening to evict him from his own house.

In Delhi, an old lady suffering from arthritis was forced by her son to move to the second floor to sell off the other floors to a local builder and move out. The lady died soon after.

India’s shrinking families : Tulsi Devi Saxena is 81 years old.
I used to think that because I had children - a full family to rely on - I’d never have to worry. I never expected I’d end up living on charity.

SOURCE: voice4India

No comments:


DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty.

Search This Blog