Age Concern New Zealand This Month 45
Monday, 31 October 2011, 3:43 pm
Press Release: Age Concern
• Reminded people who have their New Zealand Superannuation paid directly into a bank account to check they are receiving concessions on bank charges.
• Reminded New Zealand businesses older people are important consumers.
• Advised older people to seek advice before disposing of their assets
• Applauded the Wellington District Health board for dropping telephone assessments for home help and called on other District Health Boards to follow suit.
Election 2011 is fast approaching - these are the questions we are asking candidates.
2. Elder abuse and neglect can cost older people their independence, life-savings, health and security. What will you do to help Age Concern combat elder abuse?
3. Older people in hospital and in residential care are not always treated with dignity and respect.What will you do to promote dignity in care?
7. Some older people can’t afford to eat well or keep warm. What will you do to help older people in hardship?
8. Older people want home support that allows them to live safely and with dignity in their own homes.What will you do to ensure older people get the home support they need?
Click for Updates, More Cases and Resources
Search LABELS for More Resources