Disclaimer

**** DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty, through the courts.

October 17, 2007

Elder Abuse - Another Story

The following is the transcript of the Joan Story.
(courtesy of Help the Aged Org. UK)

This is a true story.
Joan said:
“He was a volunteer. He used to pick me up and take me to the local day centre every week.
He was kind and I trusted him. I looked on him as a friend.
“After about a year, he changed. He became quite nasty. He verbally abused me. He told me if it wasn’t for him nobody would look after me.
“Then he said me he wanted power of attorney, but I didn’t know what that meant. So I put him down as next of kin and left him in charge of my money. But he took my pension. He had everything.
“He had my front door key because he used to do my shopping for me. But then he started to come and go whenever he felt like it. He used to wait until I’d gone out and then let himself in and jump out at me. It was very upsetting.
“Then he started to pester me, telling me I had to ‘do something for him.’ He put his hand on my breasts, and put his hand up my skirt. He tried to kiss me and put his tongue in my mouth. I felt so ashamed but I couldn’t stop him. I was helpless, I was scared of what he’d do next.
“This went on for a number of years and there was nothing I could do to stop him. Until one day I broke down and told my friend what had been going on. She contacted a social worker
straight away.
“It turned out he’d done this to a number of women, but as nobody had reported him so he thought he could get away with it.”
He did.
After 3 years of abuse, he was only fined £450.
Your donation will help stop this happening again.

ELDER ABUSE - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

------------------------------------------
If you are a UK resident and are worried about elder abuse of yourself or someone you know, please visit the Help the Aged Org or Call the Action on Elder Abuse helpline on Freephone 0808 808 8141

No comments:


DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty.

Search This Blog