Disclaimer

**** DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty, through the courts.

September 12, 2007

Carers Need Our Support

Carer's stress has been quoted in some reports as one of the causes of Elder Abuse.
Majority of the elderly are been cared for at home by family members. There are many anecdotal reports of carers' stress that led to elder abuse. It is obvious that carers need help and support from their own community and government - at every level.

A subscriber to AboutSeniors (Australia) has spoken out on this issue:

Jennifer C said, "Up until recently I have been a primary carer for my mother. Because of the lack of services in my local area, I had to place my mother in a nursing home. During the four years that I cared for her, I discovered the lack of support that either the Federal or State Governments were willing to provide carers. When I had to place mum in a nursing home, it made me angry. The results of that anger can be seen on the following attached letters. The first letter titled Dear Friend and the following letter Dear (.).. are letters that I am sending out to as many Australians and organisations that I have email addresses for. I would like your help in disseminating this information. The more people that can be contacted, the stronger the voice and message. There are many other issues that I have not mentioned here that may affect carers in your area such as young carers, sole parent carers, carers of people with a mental illness and ageing carers and ageing people with disabilities. All carers deserve our support and help."
To read more Click Here .

--------------------------------------
Australians - take a few minutes of your time to give support to this important appeal by Jennifer C. Our politicians need to act now before the situation get more serious. Plans to improve Aged Care and to give support to carers must be put in place NOW. There are already many reports and so-called "..how to...Projects" ; yet, not much have been happening with regards to the implementation of recommendations! Am I wrong? I will be most happy to publish on this blog, any information to the contrary.

No comments:


DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty.

Search This Blog