Disclaimer

**** DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty, through the courts.

December 17, 2007

The Forgotten Victims of Elder Abuse




It is great to see that a lot of publicity are now been generated on Financial Abuse and Guardian/Conservator Abuse. However, we must NOT forget victims of the other types of elder abuse.



Those who are still suffering or who have suffered:

Neglect/Abandonment – deliberate isolation
Psychological Abuse – name calling, etc
Physical Abuse

If you want a good example of elder abuse by adult children, check out the Frank Punito case. The victim has ‘lost’ his family through neglect, financial and psychological abuse.
There are absolutely nothing that can be done for such victims.

These ‘hidden crimes’ are committed around the world; in the privacy of the victims’ homes. No one can or want to intervene. They are often ignored as such cases are branded family matters/dynamics.

Most victims of this category, just ‘disappeared’. That is, they often just give up and die.
Some may even say that that is one way of solving the over-populated earth problem.

Well, that is, if you are not the victim, I guess.

The Second-Class Victims of Elder Abuse

I define this as those who have attempted to “rescue” victims of Elder Abuse; be it one of rescuing a friend or relative.
I am speaking from my own experience. In exposing the Frank Punito Case I have been accused of exposing the case because I have a ‘hidden’ agenda and that I was spreading “lies and deceits”. I have to laugh those accusations off because the victim has given me a box of documentary evidence on that case. Still, my experience in that case have truly affected my health and almost plunge me into emotional despair.

From the emails I received through the last 6 months, since the case was publicized, I now know that I am NOT alone.

To my fellow ‘Second-Class’ Victims of Elder Abuse; Don’t Give Up. You have done the right thing. We do not get anything other than a satisfaction that we have done our very best to help one other human being.

As the festive holidays of Christmas draw near, let us spare a thought on this issue. For those of us who still have our independence and capacity, perhaps we should get together in the new year to act on helping the ‘forgotten ones’.

Meanwhile, keep active, healthy and connected (even through Cyberspace) lest we become victims ourselves.
Thank You to All Visitors to this Blog, and especially to those who have emailed me.

No comments:


DISCLAIMER

Any Charges Reported on this blog are Merely Accusations and the Defendants are Presumed Innocent Unless and Until Proven Guilty.

Search This Blog